The phrase “see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil” has been around for literally thousands of years. It is said that there is wisdom in this statement and that “the wise man is prudent in what he looks at, in what he listens to, and in what he says. He considers the consequences, thinks of the morrow, and if he does not know his way, he asks.” (see thethreemonkeys.com)
I agree there is wisdom in that definition, but sadly it seems our culture has diluted this and now instead of it being wisdom in how we take in and experience the world, we are instead using it as an excuse to not be aware of ourselves and the reality of our lives. We hide these skeletons of truth in our closet, when in reality these things not dealt with will cause more pain and suffering hidden away then if we faced the truth of the matter.
Deborah King author of Truth Heals wrote, “at some level we still believe it a virtue to not see or speak or hear the truth. In fact, our emotional, physical, and mental health lies in the balance.”
I have written seven different affirmations that correlate with our seven Chakras with the intention that they will help you wake up to the truth about yourself, your life and the greatness that lies within the truth of who you are.
1. I am safe in truth.
2. The world and life I create for myself is one of truth.
3. I choose to live in truth and accept responsibility for my words, actions and my life.
4. I open my heart to true love for myself and those around me.
5. I express truth in how I speak to myself and how I speak up for myself.
6. I open my mind and see truth.
7. I am connected to truth and it’s source.
Take a moment to recognize one thing about yourself that is TRUE. Feel free to post in the comments below!