I picked up an interesting book at the Library called “The Barefoot Book” by Daniel Howell, PhD. It is an easy read with a very thorough explanation of the effects of shoes on our feet and health. I know going barefoot isn’t always the most accepted or reasonable thing to do, but at least the author does suggest the next best thing. Guess what was his #1 minimalist shoe recommendation? The FLIP-FLOP sandal! You’ll have to read his book for more shoe recommendations!
One more reason to get out and live your life actively, barefoot or in your sandals!
Don’t forget to post your awesome Sandal Tan Line Photos at http://facebook.com/thelightsomelife.
In light of the Summer Sandal Tan Lines Contest I want to share my top 10 reasons for going Barefoot.
1. Go barefoot for strong healthy arches and to avoid getting sprained and twisted ankles.
2. Go barefoot to reduce stress on your joints and improve your posture and balance.
3. Go barefoot because shoes are filled with toxins and increase your chances of bacterial infection.
4. Go barefoot to increase the strength and agility of your toes.
5. Go barefoot to prevent knee arthritis and reduce hip, knee and back pain.
6. Go barefoot because shoes can cause nerve damage and ingrown toenails.
7. Go barefoot to cleanse your body of toxins and reduce swelling in your feet and ankles.
8. Go barefoot to de-stress.
9. Go barefoot to elevate your mood and ward off depression.
10. Go barefoot to feel like a kid and because it is fun!
Recommendations from ‘The Barefoot Book’, by Dr. Daniel Howell